Even as the industry continues to evolve, the things that drew us to construction in the first place remain the same.
As you start your day, awaken your mind with positive thoughts and a healthy dose of inspiration from these quotes on the power, beauty, and impact of construction on the world.
1. “We shape our buildings; thereafter, they shape us.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Building is about getting around the obstacles that are presented to you.” – Jeremy Renner
3. “You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it requires people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney
4. “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “A great building must begin with the immeasurable, must go through measurable means when it is being designed, and in the end must be unmeasured.” – Louis Kahn
6. “There is nothing more poetic and terrible than the skyscrapers’ battle with the heavens that cover them.” — Federico Garcia Lorca
7. “Each of us is carving a stone, erecting a column, or cutting a piece of stained glass in the construction of something much bigger than ourselves.” – Adrienne Clarkson
8. “We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it.” – John Ruskin
9. “Good buildings come from good people, and all problems are solved by good design.” — Stephen Gardiner
10. “A world which sees art and engineering as divided is not seeing the world as a whole.” — Professor Sir Edmund Happold
11. “Use the best possible materials, and reveal the quality of those materials and the craftsmanship of their assembly.” – Karl Friedrich Schinkel
12. “You can use an eraser on the drafting table or a sledgehammer on the construction site.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
13. “Nothing in this world is more simple and more cheap than making cities that provide better for people.” – Jan Gehl
14. “It is not the beauty of the building you should look at: it’s the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.” – David Allen Coe
15. “The sun never knew how great it was until it hit the side of a building.” – Louis Kahn
The post 15 of the Most Inspiring Quotes about Construction appeared first on Digital Builder.